Prince of Peace began in December 1957. Worship services were held at Elk Run School until November 1958 when the church at 4031 Lafayette was completed.
For over 60 years Prince of Peace has served the community by preaching and teaching the truth of salvation in Christ, as well as being a loving and
caring place for all. Prince of Peace belongs to the American Association of Lutheran Churches (AALC).
The AALC is a Confessional Lutheran body formed
in 1987 in response to the formation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). The AALC is founded on 1) The inerrancy of the Holy scripture;
2) the truth of the Lutheran Confessions (Book of Concord of 1580); 3) The priority of word and sacrament ministry missions and evangelism; and
4) using God's gifts to serve our neighbor through evangelism and mission outreach both home and abroad.